Inmate/Jail Ceremony

Home Packages

Inmate/Jail Ceremony

Inmate/Jail Ceremony

My Dream Ceremony wedding ceremonies offers inmate/jail/prisoner/detention services to brides/grooms within Orange, San Diego, Riverside and San Bernardino County. We can perform all weddings in English and Spanish and add personal written vows (i.e. traditional, non-religious, religious, faiths, non-denominational). Services are based on a case by case.



Complimentary consultation (in person, over the phone, online planning session)**

Travel to the county recorders to obtain license with groom/bride

Civil ceremony, less than 10 minutes appointed by the appointment. No procession

Travel to inmate location up to 70 miles round trip from zip code 92570

Completing and mailing of your marriage license with the County

Provide your ceremony in either English, Spanish or Spanglish


Please note: groom/bride must acquire a notarized “affidavit of inability to appear” prior to hiring a wedding officiant. To learn more visit your local recorder’s office.


Applicable form below for Inmate/Jail/Prison weddings:
These forms will help you get the process started. Click on the applicable form below.


Riverside County forms
San Bernardino County forms


*Disclaimer(s) Notes. Please read full contract for details:
  1. Price is based up to 70 miles round trip. Additional mileage: $2 per mile from zip code 92570.
  2. Your 50% deposit is non-refundable but transferable within 6 months from your booking date (based officiant availability).
  3. Refunds: Any deposit(s) or payment(s) made by the Couple are final and non-refundable. Exceptions may be made by the sole discretion of the officiant.
  4. It is the responsibility of the groom/bride to pay the marriage license out of pocket.
  5. Groom/Bride must obtain and provide a notarized letter called “affidavit of inability to appear”.
** Due to COVID 19 in-person appointment will now be done over the phone, web (facetime, zoom) or email.

What you need to know in order to get married!

  1. Regulations for marrying a prisoner will vary from prison institution to institution so do your homework.
  2. Marriage Package Request. Have your fiance make an inmate request for a marriage packet. Once the forms are completed by both of you, you will need to send it back to the prison facility with the requested fees. (Approximately $100-$150). You may need to obtain a second marriage package at the County Recorder’s office. In most cases, you will be required to hire a notary public to notarize a form called “inability to appear” for the person you are looking to marry (approximate cost $100).
  3. Required Documentation. You will need documentation that you are of legal age to marry (i.e. valid government I.D.), that you are a citizen/resident in the country you wish to marry (i.e. certified birth certificate), and proof that your fiance is currently in custody/detention center/jail. Don’t forget your “inability to appear” form.
  4. Witness. You will need a witness, so bring a guest who is on your fiance’s approved visitor list or you can use one of the inmates who works in the visiting area. No you can not ask a deputy to be your witness. I tried this already. If you obtain a confidential marriage license (recommended) you won’t need a witness all together.
  5. Hire an officiant with experience and ask about pricing. Your officiant will go over the steps necessary to get you married.